Applied Ecosystem Services, LLC has been in business since 1993 successfully addressing complex environmental needs of clients , primarily in the natural resource industries, and attorneys practicing environmental, natural resource, water, and land use law.
Unlike environmental consultants who offer all services to all clients, I apply my experiences and expertise to assist clients by:
- Advising on practices to avoid creating environmental issues, and helping resolve concerns that arise.
- Explaining complex ecological and environmental issues in plain English, effectively communicating to non-technical decision makers and finders of fact.
- Representing clients and presenting relevant data and interpretations to regulators, governments, and the public.
- Correctly analyzing environmental data using advanced statistical and spatial models with results interpreted based on established ecological theory.
- Developing and strengthening environmental management plans, training staff and managers, and ensuring efficient document and data management.
- Providing critical review of proposed legislation, regulations, and other actions for scientific soundness, and preparation of comments on behalf of clients.
- Consulting and testifying as an expert witness support of environmental, natural resource, and water litigation.
Clients hire me because they value...
- Saving time and money.
- Knowing the full project cost up front with defined duration assignments.
- Appreciating that all work products are guaranteed to be technically sound and legally defensible.
Over the past 35 years I have established expertise in many areas of environmental science and ecology. It is common for issues and concerns to involve more than one of these areas because they are tightly integrated in natural ecosystems.
Clean Water Act. Endangered Species Act. Aquatic Ecology. Hydrology. Environmental Chemistry. Aquatic Biota. Fish. Wildlife. Environmental Data Analyses. Streams/Rivers. Lakes/Reservoirs. Dams. Watersheds ...
Natural resource industries interact with natural ecosystems, sometimes causing adverse impacts on them. Infrequently there are also potential impacts to humans. These conditions raise concerns by regulators that need to be avoided or efficiently and effectively resolved.